Re: "Blanks" kill actors

Jim,

There are a lot of reasons you didn't hear about gun accidents and
murders fifty years ago.  One, a lot more guns around now.  Two, more
densely populated areas means a lot more bystander victims.  Three,
less publicity back then of a lot of things.  Four, per your example,
people who kept guns around taught their kids.

As far as why you don't hear all the cases whereby people use guns to
stop crimes, it's because it rarely happens.  Period.  Versus all the
times kids find guns improperly stored (I just heard of a study that
said that one in three households with a gun have it loaded and NOT
locked away) and shoot their friends.  This happens several times a
year in NYC alone.  So you can stop using phrases like "Liberal media"
for the lack of information.  Here in NYC we have Fox News, Fox Cable
News and the NY Post, and I don't recall seeing any stories recently of
gun owners stopping crimes.  Unless you count the police as gun owners,
and they too are sometimes shot with their own guns.

So-- while you may not want people to take away your gun, or your car
for that matter, wouldn't you agree that some sort of mandatory gun
safety course, and doing all we can do to keep guns out of the hands of
people who aren't responsible (and their kids, too) is a good idea?

You can take the idea that registration = confiscation and lock it away
in your gun case.