Re: Security System and self monitoring

Alex:

>From my experience, if you are careful about choosing your monitoring
company, you might come out ahead financially, as well as enjoy the
benefits of professional monitoring.  The online monitoring companies
charge around $108 per year (assuming annual payment), but by having a
monitored alarm system, I'm saving about $160 per year in insurance
premiums.  So, I'm netting about $50 per year.  Your results might
vary, since there are a lot of variables that determine insurance
premiums.  Further, if you pay $40+ per month to ADT or Brinks for
monitoring, then obviously the economics are different.

Rob