Re: Video alarm verification

It's a false alarm ordinance, not a permit own an alarm per se, and it's
only in some places.

Some towns require all owners of alarms, monitored *or* local to have
permits.
In a way it is a kinda "use tax" - in other words you are using city
resources (pd) if they are dispatched.

Some towns also have a "telecommunications" tax on monitoring percentage
varies from abt 1-4% if I remember correctly. Personally I think this is
triple taxation since we pay enough tax on phone services already.

The revenue supposedly goes to offset the cost of false alarm dispatch.