Re: is wireless mature yet

no wires showing wrote:
> $3-$7 for hardwire plus the added 30 minutes to an hour & a half per
> opening. Wiring is not as cheap as you think. Add in the cost of the
> cable, zone expanders, and abused drill bits while you're at it.
> Wireless is actually more cost effective for the installing company
> because they can install three to four times the amount of systems than
> if they used hardwire.

In my experience, those companies are the very same ones whoes
installers have the tendency to just install the systems without doing
transmission strength test and optimal receiver location tests, so that
they CAN do three to four times the amount of systems. Ask them how
many call backs and service calls they have to do because of it. I
don't have ANY problems peculiar to wireless, from any wireless system
I install, except for an occasional short life lithium battery. But
..... it takes me just as long to do a wireless install as a typical
wired system. The only difference is, that the wireless is less labor
intensive.