Re: Smoke/CO2 Detectors with Rechargable Battery Backups

The battery in your car gets charged up every time you drive it, yet you
still have to replace it every few years...same with alarm system batteries.

3-5 years is about average for alarm system main battery backup life.

If you're talking about wireless devices...depends on what brand.