Re: Another inept Bush pal leaves FEMA

"Robertm" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dg86bb$bsn4$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> My wife gets these strange ideas from time to time. When she turned 70,
she
> brought home some papers and said that with our income we could qualify
for
> some assistance programs (definition: Welfare) and even get food stamps. I
> told her that if she couldn't make do with what we have, then she should
go
> and get a job to support her fancy wishes because this is America and we
> earn what we have. We were not brought up leaching off of someone else and
> we're going to remain independent and keep our pride. We will also fight
> giving away what little we have to those who think America is about drugs,
> immoral sex and having someone else support them. I would suppose that my
> views would offend Mr Bass, but I work hard for what little I have and I
> ain't sharing it with "disadvantaged" people who won't get a job.
>
> Bob

Refusing government food stamps??? are you NUTS???

I found it quite amusing when Jesse Jackson Jr tried explaining the looting
because poor people in that area owned only one TV. What ends up happening
is the poverty rate has gone down slightly since LBJ's war on poverty but
only because congress keeps ratcheting up what denotes poverty, in LBJ's day
many poor had nothing but today they can own 2 cars, TV, a house etc...
keeps the poverty pimps like RLB feeling happy