Re: Another inept Bush pal leaves FEMA

Re: Welfare, I have to agree, here in this country we pay taxes even
though not directly like yall, but trust me we pay alot of tax, but we
get no government assistance at all, basically if you dont work, you
starve and die. ... here that is.

Just this weekend our power was off basically all weekend, the whole
island, this is the capital city in the bahamas, and it was totally in
blackout for 2 days. But we are used to it ...no power and no gov help
is the norm here ..

Ive been to the US and know what oportunity there is, if you are
willing to work for it .. i did 15 hour days no days off and made tons
of money ..but i worked for it. i had the choice every day to work or
not to, i chose work and making money over staying at home and being
poor .. I went from bus boy and cleaning dishes to waiter and then
bartender, all due to never saying no to work from the owners of a
couple different restaurant / bars. I worked when (yes) americans
turned down work, I would work lunches as a waiter, bus boy, and
dishwasher when noone else turned up for work, and worked by myself
with a manager on duty, covering at times a hundred+ tables in one
shift.

Trust me, here in this country it is totally different, average wage is
$175, gas is $4.50 all the time (and rising), food is triple the most
expensive place in the US ... and we get no assist from the gov at all

I hate it when I see people in the US complain when they just dont know
how good they got it, even the so called poor.