Re: Lobenn TCP/IP backup transmission device - RHC

> There is one track that's bad that they're (manufacturers) on  .....
> ONE MORE TIME!

Unfortunately that's true for 99% of the Manufacturers.
But then, why haven't other manufacturers designed their products backward
and forward compatable? Clearly it can be done.
Look at what having a product, and supposedly a professional one, being
easily placed into the hands of every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a credit
card has done. Look at the Residential Market.

> How many years is it going to take before manufacturers get together
> and produce a product that isn't proprietary?

Hopefully never! Do you really want anymore less trained/certified people
installing alarm systems? More Bass companies peddling to the untrained
General Public?

> They did the same thing
> with the digital communicator as they're doing with the IP communicator
> and we wound up with a dozen different formats. Every receiver mfg had
> to expended how much more R&D and developement funds to design
> receivers through the years? Central stations had to invest in half a
> dozen different receivers in order to accommodate their dealer base. A
> N D .... IN THE MEAN TIME ...... SIA sits there and waits until every
> manufacturer develops their own equipment and format and THEN it comes
> out with a standard.    WHA?

That's never going to change. Every Manufacturer has to feel special, or
more advanced than the next. That's the niche they believe.

> LIKE they didn't know VoIP was comming down the pike?  What the hell DO
> they do if they don't impliment or advance the need for standards? Is
> it the Mfg's that don't want to, or what?

Some are slow to learn, and of course they have to be reactive, not
proactive.

> It's like if you had 25 Pizza places within a mile of your home, None
> of them would make enough money to prosper and the pies would be poorly
> made. Reduce that to 3 Pizza places ..... everybody benifits.

People in general don't give to shits about quality, they're more interested
in the cheapest choice.
That's why you'd only have three pizza places to go to in that mile.