Re: I was broken into ... last questions before purchase

"Stanley Barthfarkle" <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> The newer wireless stuff is not unreliable in the least. It's a matter
> of 99.9% reliability with hardwired vs 99.8% reliability with
> wireless. Anyone who tells you differently is living in 1985. (or in
> Belgium)

Awesome. That is really good to know. I would have got one of these things
already but I stumbled on some older threads that cast doubt in my mind.
I'd love that Paradox Magellan system, but it looks like it would be $450
or so to set up, with all the sensors I require, vs. $200 for the
PowerMax+.

Also, these wireless systems sort of look like neat "toys" in their own
right, hee hee, so I think I'm going to get one.

As well as following the advice of increasing the physical security.

Even without monitoring, I imagine the loud sirens scare off 60% of would
be burglars at least ... particularly in a crowded apartment complex/city
like environment. If you live in the quiet suburbs where there are big
lots, then it might be another story entirely.