Re: Video Tours ?

"Stanley Barthfarkle" <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:cYI2f.1218$4_.212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Why don't you answer the guy's question instead of being a smartass.

I dunno...  His suggestion was a good one.  Set triggers on the cams.  My
question is:  What's the station supposed to do when they observe something
happening??  As for continuous monitoring of the premise over an eight hour
shift...  Charge the customer the going rate for guard service.  8 hours,
$16.00 per...  You can't get any better "security" than a "set of eyes"
permanently on the premise (beats guard patrol).

A cheaper solution:
We have a customer with a small outside car lot (it's an auto repair shop
with a fenced enclosure).  Perps were breaking into the vehicles parked here
over night.  We installed a couple of Silent Witness Night-Hawks and set up
an outdoor PIR between the two cameras.  Movement in the lot triggers a
silent signal to the CS and they call the customer to say there is
"activity".  The customer can dial up the lot and watch what's going on.
He's already nailed two guys trying to make off with tires, stereos, etc.
and is pretty darned pleased with the way the system's worked so far.  Only
thing he doesn't like is that the "activity" usually happens around 4 a.m.
and sometimes it's just some nimrod taking a shortcut through the lot.