Re: Unusual solutions for false alarms

> Some systems just can't be fixed using normal repair methods.

I once got a call from a customer in Berlin, CT saying she couldn't arm her
system.  I drove down, checked the system and almost every window would not
set up.  The windows were really nice and clean so I asked and was told the
cleaners had washed all of the windows.

Upon further inspection I discovered that almost none of the magnets were
lining up with the recessed contacts.  It turned out the window sashes are
removable.  The cleaning company had taken all of them out, set them up on
sawhorses and washed them outside.  Most of the windows were of two sizes
and the cleaners didn't realize they needed to go back in the same frames.

Fortunately, whoever originally installed the windows had placed numbered
tacks on each sash and in on each frame.  After a bit of sorting everything
was back to normal.  A year or so later the cleaners came back.  They did
the exact same thing.  Arrrgh!

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass