Re: Just "Inherited" Brinks System & Want to Know Options

"Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Stanley Barthfarkle" <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I always thought the Brinks stuff was a proprietary offshoot of the old
> > DTI
> >> 665. If it IS Ademco based, that makes things much simpler.
> >
> > The old stuff was from DTI but later panels were from C&K which is now
> > part
> > of Honeywell/Ademco. It doesn't make it any easier since it's still
> > proprietary and requires a programmer
> >
> > My suggestion is to put in in the same place as all Moose panels should
> > be,
> > on the bottom of a lake holding a boat in position
> >

> Ha ha ha ha........... What was/is your biggest complaint about the Moose
> line, the Z1250 & Z2000 seemed to work well.......... Regards, Russ

Years ago a man was driving home from a long day at work when a cargo truck
ran a stop sign and broadsided him, it put him in the hospital where he died
12 hours later, that truck was carrying shipments of Moose Z1100 System
II's, Z911's and a few MPI-775's.

That man was my father, my quest since then was convert all of those panels
into boat anchors

Oh sure some blame the driver for falling asleep at the wheel or the
trucking company for having bad brakes and worn out tires or the state of
Indiana for not fixing a dangerous intersection but I think deep down we all
know it was those panels in the back....sitting there on that pallet....
under the shrink-wrap.....waiting to strike..