Re: Wireless Help - PLEASE!

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <Please-use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:AvE%e.31413$1i.14797@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > "pindazed" <rkdroche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > Do you where I can find a RF repeater? I have a wireless DSC system but
> > > have interference in parts of the house causing some zones to work
> > > sometimes and not others. I was told I needed an RF repeater to increase
> > > the wireless signal.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > RR
> >

> > Nope.  You'll need the PC5320.  It's a multiple wireless receiver module
> > designed to connect up to 4 DSC wireless receivers to a single control.
> > Contact your local dealer to get one (or your local Tri-ed).
>
> Adding more receivers won't clear up interference Frank, besides you don't
> know if he's got 900 or 433MHZ wireless and the PC5320 only works with
> 433MHZ

And you don't know whether it's actually "interference" or if it's just
a weak signal and the odds are strongly in favor that it's NOT
interference. As a matter of fact the odds are in favor of the strong
possibility that ( as usual) the installer didn't take the time to
measure transmission strength at the time of installation and there
were a bunch of borderline transmitters that have finally shown up.