Re: I just got my first cell phone!

>If you are using a Pulse format, you can answer you phone, whistle at
>1400hz or 2300hz to give a handshake, wait for the account number and
>code to pulse throught (use a slow-pulse format so you can count the
>pulses of the Code to determine what type of alarm went off) then,
>after it sends the signal twice (assuming it's double-round instaed of
>checksum), whistle again at the appropriate frequency to kiss-off the
>panel.
>
>I'm thinking of starting up my own monitoring center using this
>technology ;)

I'm afraid Sprint is way ahead of you.  Sprint phones manufactured after
June 2004 have a built-in fire alarm monitoring feature.  Upon receipt of a
fire alarm signal, the phone spontaneously ignites.  This eliminates any
confusion as to the nature of the received signal, as well as generating
additional phone sales for Sprint.