Re: Firelite MS5024UD

Subject: Re: Firelite MS5024UD
Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms
=> Bob La Londe <=  wrote:

>> Did you check the AC on the secondary of the x-former?
>>

>No.  Are you thinking the transformer inside the panel is bad?  Woudln't
>that continuously be bad though?  I mean a transformer is a pretty simple
>device.  Just a couple windings.  Usually they either work or they don't.

Yeah, they usually just work or don't work, but it may be under (or over)
voltage.  I'm not sure what the secondary output is supposed to be on that
panel, it's just something that might be causing the glitches you've explained.

Did you check the voltages in troubleshoot mode?

MODE -> 8768 -> ENTER

Voltages can be viewed by performing the following steps:
? AC input voltage - press A and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? Battery voltage - press B and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? Zone 1 voltage - press 1 and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? Zone 2 voltage - press 2 and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? Zone 3 voltage - press 3 and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? Zone 4 voltage - press 4 and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? Zone 5 voltage - press 5 and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? NAC #1 voltage - press b then 1 and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? NAC #2 voltage - press b then 2 and then the [ENTER/STORE] key
? Resettable 24 volt power - press the RESET key and then the [ENTER/STORE] key

Either way it's the panel or the x-former causing the problems, I just wanted to
remind you to check the transformer before replacing the panel.

Good luck.

-G

--

-Graham