Re: Compass Software

Crash Gordon said:

>Yah, I use the Remote Key on DMP. You know DMP too? I thought Jack and I
>were about the only ones here.
>
>I guess I thought the CSID wasn't necessary...no my clients don't know their
>account number, no need for it these days. Service techs no...CS operators
>yes.
>
>Can I add the CSID on the fly, while online with the panel?...maybe that's
>why I never did add them...I wasn't comfortable with the process???

I have a love/hate relationship with DMP.  Some things, they do
exceptionally well, like the 714/715 loop expanders in nice metal boxes.
But on the other hand, it annoys me that after all these years, DMP still
doesn't have a watch/chime feature.  Among other things.

Remember that the CSID is just another program entry.  You can change it
just like any other program item.   For new accounts, go to File>Station
Data, and enter your selected CSID, which will become a default program
entry for all future panels.  I think checking the "Write CSID on Download
All" box will probably save you from having to edit each existing
individual panel program, but I've never tried that.  If necessary, for an
existing account, copy the panel, save, edit the CSID by clicking the "View
CSID" button on the dialer page, save, and download.

The CSID is your main security against other people who have copies of
Compass.   If you think about it for a moment, you'll see that the account
number is easy enough to get.   Just think of the damage someone could do
to your accounts with their own copy of Compass.  Use the CSID, and if you
allow operators to download, you can set up their access privileges so they
can't even see the CSID.

- badenov