Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:LcqdnXQd2bAU2sveRVn-gA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mark, normally what seems to happen in most cases is the client after the
> first contract has expired, goes on a month to month basis. Then the
client
> remains on month to month indefinately. Then as you say, the client can
> terminate with a months notice. My only objection is some companies (a
> minority thankfully) don't operate this way; instead, they continue to
> duplicate the original term once again unless the client takes positive
> action, needlessly locking the client in to another long term.
>
> That's what I'm suggesting is not a legitimate way to operate

Why do the courts uphold it if it is not legitimate? If it is a problem, it
can be changed legislatively, which has been done is some states to address
certain concerns. I don't think any state has stated that renewals are
illegal, unethical, not legitimate etc. I think any laws are written with
the understanding that the person entering into an agreement knows what they
are agreeing to and therefore should adhere to the terms. Lets not forget
that a business makes a plan, writes the terms and if the buyer agrees to
those terms, it is a legal binding document. I am not saying that I agree
with the hard lined attitude of some companies, but it is within there
right. Good customer service is well worth its weight in gold.