Re: Definition of Subscriber?

>I'm being told it was
>handled appropriately because the special account instructions said to
>contact the sub and to them that means the site only (even on empty
>commercial buildings). I thought it was poor and wondered how other
>companies would interpret it.

Special instructions are a curse.  If there is any way in hell an operator
can misinterpret them, an operator will do so, and at the very worst
possible moment.  I'd look at the exact wording if I were you, and see if
that had anything to do with it.

What you are supposed to do is probably spelled out in your contract
someplace.  To me, "notify subscriber" means "notify the subscriber!"  You
keep a list of names at the central station so you know who to notify.
First, you call the premises and try to notify someone on that list, unless
of course you know the place is closed.  If you don't succeed in notifying
them at the premises, you notify them by calling the phone numbers they
provided.  After all, that's why they gave you their phone numbers, right?

Notify means notify.  Don't make this more complicated than necessary.
Your CS is trying to feed you bullshit.