Re: Central Station Cancel Signal

Good question ! During selling of the alarm, it is pretty easy to determine
if the client intends to continue with the monitoring or not. But I have
been wrong three times. In each case, I sent the client a registered letter
telling him there is no warranty or any kind, or service on his panel (nor
will I service it at an additional price), and that he must tell his
insurance company of the cessation of monitoring. Plus, as part of my
contract, he agrees to remove my decals when monitoring stops....they belong
to me. And since they are exterior mounted decals, I actually make a visit
to remove them.  However, bottom line, he has paid me a fair and full market
price for the system, so I make my profit up front on the alarm itself. I
simply dial in and remove all monitoring information, and reset the unit to
factory installer code, and turn the TLM and the dialers off.

 I've found that in selling high end systems to my particular clientele (who
generally are in the two income, higher echelon income bracket), this just
doesn't happen. I guess these folks are smart enough to realize their alarm
is crippled without proper response, and they probably feel $15 a month is
peanuts to pay for a combined package with an ironclad warranty.
Interestingly enough, the three people who cancelled within 6 months, were
all from Eastern European countries where they don't have monitoring
services (or so I'm told).

I lose far more clients from people selling their homes and moving than I do
from people simply deciding they don't want monitoring. However, reasonable
prices and good service with the first client wins me back about 75% of the
new purchasers (which I'm told from other dealer friends is a higher
percentage than normal)

Works for me.....

RHC