false alarm setting

I have a ademco vista alarm box (amt100 by securilink not vista 100)
that I have set up with a ademco 6150rf keypad and three keypads and a
timex adt watch. my trouble is that the alarm will set it self for no
reason and of course when we walk up to the keypad to check we set off
the motion detectors.why would the keypad set the alarm by itself?