Re: NAPCO EAGLE 4700/DL

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Proguard Security" <info@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Dear NG readers,
> > i've got an old Napco Eagle 4700/DL at one of my clients house installed
> by
> > a previous company.
> > The problem there is that the keypad does not work at all. Only illuminate
> > the keys. Zone lights and all the other leds are dead.
> > Also when i press any key nothing happens. Even there is no beep at all at
> > any key press. What might be the problem? The keypad or the panel?
> > And if it is the keypad does anyone knows a equivalent new one?
> >
> > Thank in advance!
> > Spyros Kintzonides
> > Thessaloniki - Greece
>
> The only thing close is an FBI keypad but I don't think one works with the
> DL panels

I don't know if you've got any old Napco kepads around, but I seem to
remember that some of keypads from newer panels worked with some of the
older panels. The only difference was that the red LED comes on when
it's disarmed and the green when it's armed. You'd have to try
different four wire keypads. Either they'll work or they wont. You wont
hurt the panel if the keypad you're trying isn't compatable. I've never
heard of a keypad from another manufacturer working with a Napco panel
but I guess it's (remote-ly :-) possible.