Re: Compass Software

inline...

"Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:17297d2e213a4588dcf7e92ada055e3a@xxxxxxxxxxxx
| Crash Gordon said:
|
| >Yah, I use the Remote Key on DMP. You know DMP too? I thought Jack and I
| >were about the only ones here.
| >
| >I guess I thought the CSID wasn't necessary...no my clients don't know
their
| >account number, no need for it these days. Service techs no...CS
operators
| >yes.
| >
| >Can I add the CSID on the fly, while online with the panel?...maybe
that's
| >why I never did add them...I wasn't comfortable with the process???
|

| I have a love/hate relationship with DMP.  Some things, they do
| exceptionally well, like the 714/715 loop expanders in nice metal boxes.
| But on the other hand, it annoys me that after all these years, DMP still
| doesn't have a watch/chime feature.  Among other things.

Sure they do...Zone Monitor on newer panels, Loop Monitor on the older...and
it's always been by Perimeter, All or by Zone(s) selectable.

| Remember that the CSID is just another program entry.  You can change it
| just like any other program item.   For new accounts, go to File>Station
| Data, and enter your selected CSID, which will become a default program
| entry for all future panels.  I think checking the "Write CSID on Download
| All" box will probably save you from having to edit each existing
| individual panel program, but I've never tried that.  If necessary, for an
| existing account, copy the panel, save, edit the CSID by clicking the
"View
| CSID" button on the dialer page, save, and download.

| The CSID is your main security against other people who have copies of
| Compass.   If you think about it for a moment, you'll see that the account
| number is easy enough to get.   Just think of the damage someone could do
| to your accounts with their own copy of Compass.  Use the CSID, and if you
| allow operators to download, you can set up their access privileges so
they
| can't even see the CSID.

Yah thanks for wakin me up. Yes, I know about being damaged...that's why
only my son and I know the codes and are the only ones that do any remote
programming. I guess I'll spend the next few nights setting CSID codes.

Thanks man.