Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> From where I sit, there seem to be only two absolute givens.......RLB WILL
> be back, and Jim WILL start all over again...
>
> And we WILL go round and round and round....

The point is, if he does come back, we'll have settled on a course that
he'll either follow or be admonished for, by everyone, consistantly.
Will that stop him or anyone? Well we know that it wont actually stop
anything. But it is the loss of credibility, the inability to come
across to newcomers with an air of innocence. Coming up against a
constant and consistant objection from everyone and the inability to be
taken into consideration "by everyone" and being told so "by everyone"
when addressed by the disruptor,  until compliance is met, is the
consequence.
.
This is just something that eveyone has to agree to follow through on
and everyone one has to comply with.

Order in any group or society is determned by laws. First the laws have
to be decided upon. Then a method of enforcement. Then follow through
with the enforcement. If some follow the law and some don't, without
consequences ..... the results are always chaos. And there's no denying
that's what has occured in this Newsgroup. You have to make the laws,
follow them, let those who don't, suffer consequences. All it takes is
an agreement by everyone of what is acceptable and what isn't. Then
complience or .... what the consequences are. If one is allowed to not
suffer consequences, then that leaves anyone else free to break the
law. That basic premise has been lacking here for years. We've got an
opportunity to fix it. Interested in trying or do you rather it stay as
it has been? Do you like the way it's been here for years? You don't
have to change anything that you do now. You just have to state openly
when someone has broken the contract. If there is no comment from
anyone when someone breaks the social contract it empowers the agitator
and encourages them that it is alright to continue doing what is not
acceptable. Constant admonishment from everyone will ultimately
discredit them if not discourage them. This should work for anyone who
is participating in this Newsgroup from an installation trade, point of
reference. Someone such as RF Willy, who's agenda is simply to raid the
Newsgroup, it certainly seems that ignoring him with an occasional
admonishment for the sake of newcommers, is the better route.

I certainly could be wrong about this, and if someone has a better
idea, let's hear it. Mark has proposed in the past that ignoring
agitators, is the better way. I've suggested that if he thinks it would
work, how come he doesn't practice it? I'd only agree that ignoring
would work if it were done by EVERYONE. And in the case for SFB, somone
would still have to post a message stating that his conduct was not
acceptable and that he was being ignored by the participants of the
group, everytime he tried to sell to someone. That, because he could
certainly continue to exist here, selling his parts, while being
ignored ..... forever. I suppose a similar post could be made everytime
any non conformist posted to a newcomer also. I just think that there's
always going to be "someone" who is going to post a response or reply
to an "ignoree" no matter what. Regardless of what method of sanction
would be used on disruptors, it is incumbent that everyone comply. And
I think that that's the toughest part of the problem to overcome. The
course is.... Everyone agreeing that something should be done, Agreeing
what should be done and then agreeing that it will always be done and
then always doing it. Tough but doable. Others in other Newsgroups have
done it. Why haven't we?