Re: Radionics D7212B1 Panel Help

Inline...

"WYSIWYG" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:kcC6f.1255$8W.22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| Crash,
|
| Thanks for the reply.
| I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron so I think the board hardware is
OK.
| Really depends on Radionics' software design as to if any "magic" needs to
| be retained in the RAM to make things work. If so, I'm sure it was blown
| away years ago.
|
| So I understand I must have a 5200 programmer to initialize the board?
Yes.

| I see 5200 programmers on sale on ebay all the time. What "product
handlers"
| would I need to fully program the board?
The product handler for the 7212 panel...I cant remember if the 1255 needs
one too, I can't remember if you needed t he 5200 to program in the alpha in
the 1255s or not. I still have a few of them somewhere.

| Are there no other tools to program these boards?
RAM IV (remote programming program & modem & special dongle) or 5200

| Is the command set to the board documented anywhere?
Low level stuff? I doubt it.
Programming manual you may find somewhere, maybe Jim Rojas has one. I think
I dumped the ones I had, I'll take a look later. They're not available from
Radionics, looks like when Bosch re-did the website they dumped a lot of the
old stuff.

| Is it normal that an uninitialized board would not talk to a D1255
| controller? If I get it talking to the controller, can I program
everything
| from it?
Yes, normal. The panel needs to know about the keypads being there.

| While I'm firing off questions, I also purchased a few OCTPOPITS D8128A.
The
| documentation is contradictory regarding which versions of these A,B,C, or
| are compatible with this panel. What were the differences between these
| revisions?

Honestly, I don't remember...I had always found the Popits, Octopopits
confusing and still have nightmares about them so I try to not
remember...sorry.

| Sorry for all the questions. I'm eager to get this thing working.

Good luck on the adventure. It'll be interesting to see if you do.

| Thanks again for any help.
|
| Bob

| > Forget it even if you had a programmer for it, it ain't easy to program.
| > 9743 means that the warranty ran out the 43rd week of 1997, so the
board's
| > an oldie.
| > If you know exactly how you want it configured you may be able to send
it
| > someone who has a 5200 programmer who happens to have old product
handlers
| > still loaded in the programmer to program it for you.
| > IF the panel still works after you changed the lithium battery.
| >

| > "WYSIWYG" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |I recently purchased a Radionics D7212B1 panel from my local surplus
| store
| > | in the hopes of building a simple, non-monitored alarm for my house.
The
| > | board is dated 9743 and numbered 7212. The EPROM on the board is
labeled
| > (C)
| > | Radionics 1995, D7212B1 U4, 26-06962-0316. The Lithium back up battery
| was
| > | shot (<0.5Vdc) so I replaced it with a fresh one. The board seems to
| power
| > | up and run. It beeps, the LEDs blink, it seems to respond to a battery
| > being
| > | attached, it answers incoming calls, data and power appears to be on
the
| > | Peripheral device connection pins. However, when I connect a D1255
panel
| > | it, the panel displays "Call For Service" about a minute after power
on.
| > The
| > | manual says this means no communication is established between the
D7212
| > and
| > | the D1255. Is there something I need to do to get this to work so I
can
| > use
| > | it?
| > |