Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Jim said:
>
> >Is there anyone here who has maliciously persued a client who was in good
> >standing and
> >forced them to complete a contract, simply because you could?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  If the client is in good standing, then he's
> making payments as agreed, and there's no need to force him to complete the
> contract.  If you mean, suppose the client wants to cancel before the end
> of his contract because he's moving to a building that already has an alarm
> in it, or because someone else will give him a lower price, then yes, I
> know companies that sue people as a matter of course.  Personally, I don't,
> unless I stand to lose a lot of money, but one company I know  files quite
> a few small claims court cases on people who don't fulfill their contracts,
> including the automatic renewal periods.
>
> - badenov

I'm asking if anyone "here" does what Robbie claims is so rampant in
this business? If someone owes  money, sure, depending on how much, I
might go through the legality of persuing someone. But, in all these
years, I've never deemed it important enough to do. My guess is that
this small gathering of people in this newsgroup is of the same mind
and that there's not ONE person here who does what he IMPLIES that
EVERYONE does. Are there some in the industry who do it? Sure, there
are nasty people in every business. Is it the norm, as Bobby boy
continuously paints his picture of the industry? Nah. Just like SFB,
Robbie likes to promote his own agenda and justify his inane business
practices by telling every end user, who comes here, that any contract
over one month is of no value. It's of no value to him, and that's
fine. But to constantly advise end users that term contracts are a
ripoff, is summarily and purposely taking business away from some other
company, who's business plan, actually INCLUDES the economys and equity
of offering contracts for a year or more. So WHAT, that Bobby doesn't
want to earn equity in his company. And SO WHAT, he want's to give away
free service. And SO WHAT, that he gives his monitoring service away
cheaper than his compitition.  That's CERTAINLY   ***HIS*** business.
But to suggest that EVERY company who doesn't do that is ripping off
their clients it stupid. And then, in ADDITION to enticeing end users
into not accepting term contracts, he berates companies who UNDERSELL
their compitition, and yet HE'S as gulity of doing that as anybody! At
least the others are underselling by making a long term investment by
financing the upfront costs. HE does it by sacraficing the equity of
his company and has the NERVE to suggest that THAT's the way to run a
company. And the NERVE to continuously tell endusers that his way is
the right thing to support. He's doing the very same thing to end users
as FAT ASS does. Not directly, but he berates the industry and
installation companies who have a much better and more accepted
business plan than he does.

Someone can have a plan. Someone can run their business the way they
choose, but to constantly stand on a soap box at every opportunity,
suggesting that what everyone else does is wrong, then someone is gonna
knock you off that box. Apparently no one else is willing to do it. I
am.