Re: DSC Escort 5580TC

"Stanley Barthfarkle" <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:mGA%e.856$qX7.161@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> I've found that when mine is plugged into the same power strip as the
> alarm system and telephone system, it does funky stuff. Plugging it
> into the duplex outlet at the A/C breaker panel solves the problem.
>

> "Kevin" <Spiritbranson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Armond Perretta" <newsgroupreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>

>>> I have an identical setup using, however, the Power 932 instead of
>>> the Power 864.  I have found the X10 components to be quite reliable
>>> (so far).
>>>
>>> From you description I suspect that the "X10 one-way interface
>>> module" is the culprit.  These are usually pretty inexpensive.  Have
>>> you tried changing it out?
>>
>> I just ordered a new one yesterday, I also suspected this as the
>> culprit. I
>> appreciate the feedback. Will try the new one when it arrives and
>> advise.
>>
>> Thank You.
>>
>> Kevin

Hello Group,

I received the new one-way interface today and installed it with no
change in the operation. Just for reference the receptacle the interface
is plugged into is on it's own breaker. I moved the breaker to another
phase with no change. I finally moved the breaker to a blank position 6
positions above all other breakers. This corrected the problem. I do not
understand this as I did turn off one breaker at a time to try to
isolated the cause, But the problem always persisted. I don't know why it
functions properly now, But it does. Thanks for all the help.

Kevin