Re: medical alert service questions

"Joe Lucia" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1129731778.976701.24500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> For a Central Station response, the Medial Alert unit would call into
> an alarm receiver to transmit account # so we have positive
> identification.  If it is a "two-way" voice system (basically a
> speaker-phone) then the Central Station can talk to her directly over
> that initial alarm call without having to call her back, reducing
> response time and giving us a better way to check if she's okay without
> her having to reach a phone.
>
> Just find an Alarm Dealer that does Alarm Systems with Two-Way-Voice or
> Audio-Verification (same thing).  It may be a stand-alone medical unit
> or a full-fledged alarm system with two-way capabilities and a remote
> pendant for her to wear.

For a true medical alert type system I would think a multi speaker / multi
mic 2-way voice application would be best with speaker/mics in every room.
Obviously this would cost quite a bit more than the typical table top
medical alert systems you see advertised.  I'ld also think that several
fixed panic/pull cords (cord reaches as far as the floor) as well as a
wireless remote or two would be in order.

I just can't see somebody who broke a hip from falling in the bath tub being
able to reach the panic the left sitting on the vanity, but a pull cord
placed between the comode and the shower might be reachable.  Obviously
individual applications will vary.

A full blown alarm system with 2-way voice support might be the only way to
get a really good med alaert system. Unfortunatley I can't see most people
actually spending the money to have it installed.

--
Bob La Londe

Cheapskate's Ways to Do Fishing Stuff
(The Frugal Fisherman)