Re: Newbie cable question

With the use of crow bars, hammers, wire cutters, bolt cutters, spray paint,
hair spray, razor blades, paperclips, and I've even seen acid, used in an
attempt to either defeat or disable a security system. Worrying about no
color coding versus color coding is traveling way into the world of movies.
The high tech security applications, earlier refered to, are well thought
out and designed with layers on top of layers of hardened perimeter and
interior protection, as well as landscape and physical security before one
would ever get to the contol. Even internal threats are diminished with the
use of access control and CCTV in these type of applications. The
standardization of color codes is usually a company policy rather than an
industry standard, but with only so many colors to choose from in a 2-4-6
conductor wire, you will find most are using a uniform configuration.