Re: Central Station Cancel Signal

Well, I received another response from my alarm company that was very
apologetic and honest.  Essentially they're saying my central station
is supposed to call on every alarm even when they receive the cancel
signal and after further looking into my incident the other day, it was
simply human error:

"You are absolutely correct in your statement the Central Station has
always
contacted you in the event you disarm the system and transmit a
"cancel"
signal immediately upon activation.

It was in error that we stated that your activations would be
disregarded
when a cancel signal is transmitted along with the alarm activation.
We
utilize 2 UL Central Stations and even though it is not a UL
requirement,
the facility you are reporting to will place a call on all residential
"cancel" signals to attempt to make contact with someone, however, if
no
contact is made, the signal is logged with no Police response due to
the
fact the "cancel" indicates an authorized user had shut off the alarm
system
correctly.  Please, except our apologies for the misstatement, as it
does
not apply to your system.

It is our policy to be up front and as candid as possible, yes, you
should
have received a call, as you stated you always have, we researched the
incident and unfortunately it was human error on the operator's part.
We do
not know exactly why the operator that handled your alarm placed no
call;
they entered the standard entry that would apply to alarms that are
flagged
to be logged with cancel signals.

We have in place internal procedures to deal with such occurrences and
ask
that you accept our apologies for 1st, the issue that you were not
called as
you have been used to, and 2nd, the miscommunications on responding to
you
initial email inquiry, and lastly, allow us to handle internally the
issue
further as we are very concerned about you and your family's trust and
confidence in our services and will take appropriate steps to ensure
this
does not occur again."