Re: Tamper Contacts

"petem" wrote...

> it is being used as a way to know if a device have lost his cover (pretty
> useful in a large warehouse with lost of crazy folks driving lift) ;-)
> the zone would stay in alarm so preventing arming the system

perhaps a forklift safety lesson is in order?

it's a shame when we spend so much time making things perfect, hiding wire,
eolr's, adjusting for height and sensitivity, cleaning off fingerprints from
the wall, etc... and then someone comes along with a forklift and trashes
it... or in my case, people who hang brooms off of keypad wires, and people
who drive forklifts into fence posts and trash the contact (again and again)

either that or someone hires a painter... come to think of it... all the
smoke detectors say "do not paint" on them somewhere... but never on a
motion detector

is it just me... or should we have our own parking space and office at some
of these places since we're there so often?

but back on topic... 6 conductors would be the right way to wire for tamper
switches as someone mentioned... and it's probably too late for that... i
believe it can still be done with just 4 conductors and still have the relay
and tamper on separate zones... although i haven't tried that yet... the
other thing to consider is that you'll be using twice as many zones for the
motions