Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

I know your question was addressed to Bob, but I'm going to jump in here
anyway. I would think, if the client signed a long term contract and THEN at
his initiative, got rid of his line, he would still be committed. Simply
because the monitoring is no longer reliable (or possibly even functional)
because of his getting rid of the land line, and going to VoIP, doesn't
change his original contractual commitment one iota after the fact...

I often have clients tell me when I refuse to hook them up over VoIP, that
other companies promise to do so. Of that I have no doubt, but I always
advise these people to refuse to sign a long term commitment with these
companies. Why should they commit to any company long term, when the company
can't reliably commit to them that things will work (and continue to work)
the way they are supposed to? I also suggest that they have the company
program in daily tests, and tell the client to stay on top of these tests
with the monitoring station (with or without the alarmco's involvement). If
you can't trust the alarmco to tell it to you straight up front, how can you
rely on them to follow through with you on "failure to communicate" signals
?