Re: NAPCO EAGLE 4700/DL

Spyros Kintzonides wrote:
> Do you belive that the fault is on keypad or at the panel?

With the information that you've given and without another keypad to
experiment with, there's no way to know which one it is. It just seems
likely that a keypad would wear out before a panel would break down.
But that's just playing the odds.

If it were me, I'd just replace the panel and keypad. The customer has
got to realize that some things get old and when they break, you just
can't get replacement parts. If you were to charge him for all of the
time that you've put into trying to find out about this keypad ,so far,
the cost of your time would be worth more than a new panel and keypad.
Your customer can't expect you to put in all this time and only charge
him for the part. It's simply a matter of economics. It's cheaper to
replace it than try to search for parts and/or repair something that's
probably going to break down again in a relatively short period of
time.