Re: New Caddx

"Rich" <Never@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:qM2dnRDJJ5hY8dHenZ2dnUVZ_s2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have 20 NX-8 in service I getting to like them.
> This week I got an NX-8E and a NX-8 V2.
> Is there much difference?
>
> The E looks like it has higher amperage relay contacts.
> The V2 has extras Smokes zones with a Moose style wired axillary's in a
> plug
> form.

I have been seriously considering the NX8E as my goto panel for somitime
now.  Basically since it cam out.  I like the moduilar expansion with full
supervision.  It seems to have all the features of the top Napco panels I
use, but with a much neater method of mounting and organizing.  Its nice
just sliding add on cards into the box, or mountng a remote box with PS that
is fully supervised simpely by the nature of adding it to the system.  Very
very nice.

Morphing and compatibility from changes would bother me though from what you
say.

If Napco introduced a similar architecture for add-ons and added a couple
more boards like supervised aux power boards I'ld probably never consider a
change.  Same eletronics and bus, just a better way to mont the boards and
organize stuff.

--
Bob La Londe

Cheapskate's Ways to Do Fishing Stuff