Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Jim said:
>
> >If someone owes  money, sure, depending on how much, I
> >might go through the legality of persuing someone. But, in all these
> >years, I've never deemed it important enough to do. My guess is that
> >this small gathering of people in this newsgroup is of the same mind
> >and that there's not ONE person here who does what he IMPLIES that
> >EVERYONE does. Are there some in the industry who do it? Sure, there
> >are nasty people in every business.
>
> I use contracts, just like most everyone else here.  And someday, I intend
> to sell those contracts and make a nice pile of money.  But there does seem
> to be a little hypocrisy going on here, and I'm as guilty as the next alarm
> dealer.
>
> We've all been saying, "We're nice guys, we won't actually sue someone who
> breaks their contract, aren't we decent, ethical people?"  But, we're
> perfectly willing to sell those contracts to someone who will enforce those
> contracts because he paid good money for them.   Our hands don't exactly
> appear clean:  we're letting someone else do the dirty work, but we're
> getting paid for it.
>
> - badenov

I already know who my accounts are going to, when/if the time comes.
I've guaranteed that the remainder of all contracts will be completed
by every client that I turn over to the buyer. If not, I'll buy it
back.

Maybe I should get on a soap box and everytime someone comes here for
information, I should tell them to make sure that their account isn't
going to be sold and if it is to make sure that their installation
company will buy the account back and support it forever.

The point is that as proported by some, this IS a place where ideas and
information can be exchanged, but it's not a place for people who have
an agenda. A never ending, interminable, and INFINITE AGENDA! .....

We've heard this ridiculous business plan of Bobbies for YEARS now.
JEEEEEZE, enough already! So, it works for him. It does NOT work for
the entire rest of the industry. Shut UP already! Stop trying to
convince the rest of the world that alarm companies are ripping off
their clients, simply because they've had the good and common sense to
set up an equity program for their future. If this equity plan were not
in place for this trade the price of alarm systems would skyrocket out
of reach of many end users. The trade would be put back 25 years. Who
would buy any account that didn't have some guarantee that they'd get
some of their investment back? If it works for him, that's fine, but to
constantly "WARN" end users that alarm companies who ask for term
contracts are doing something wrong, falls right into the same category
as what SFB does regarding ridiculing installers and posting dealer
information so that he can sell to  DIY'ers.