Re: Question about Napco 8-zone expander

I know some panels (dunno abt Napco as I'm not partial to them) if you
program the zone out and don't put a eol on when you remotely view status of
the panel/zone it will show as open or trbl...which confuses the hell outta
me, so I always put eols on unused zones.

|I imagine depending on the panel if you take that zone out of each
partition
| it wouldn't matter

| > Not much to think about...if the manual says it needs an EOL even if the
| > zone is not used...then you need to put an EOL there.
| >

| > "Total nerd" <geekboy0001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | The manual says to use EOL resistors "even if the zone is not used."
| > | Are they suggesting to simply short the zone with an EOL resistor even
| > | though I'm not going to use that zone and not going to program it into
| > | the panel?  I thought I'd just leave the zone open and the panel
| > | wouldn't care.
| > | Thoughts?
| > |
| > |