Re: ASA re-visited

Al Colombo wrote:
> If there is any one reason why I did not frequent this news group much
> it was all the bickering and fighting that was going on.  I really
> enjoy chitchatting with everyone here, but when you see so much anger
> and hatred--well, it was not a lot of fun to watch it.
>
> I don't like everyone I meet and I don't meet only those I like.  I
> don't see life like that.  Everyone has their individual traits and
> some of those traits are good while some are bad.  I just try to treat
> everyone like I would like to be treated.  If we were to stick to that
> philosophy alone, I think everyone would be able to get along better.

Al, that's exactly what's been happening here for years. Bass treats
people badly and they treat him exactly as he treats others. Bass
breaks the FAQ and others do the same. And that's EXACTLY the reason I
do what I do here. I don't relish the fact that I disrupt this group,
but if no one is gong to do or say anything to Bass for what he does
here ...... to the group, to the trade, to individuals, I will protest
that.  And, simply to exemplify what the "do nothings" are allowing by
their inaction, ....... it follows ..... if they don't protest one
person breaking the rules of social conduct, then they simply leave the
door open for anyone to break the rules. If you accept one persons bad
conduct, you can't expect anyone else to obey any conduct limits
either. If you allow one insult to pass by, you simply open the door to
another ..... and another and it will just continue.

It HAS to be protested. If it isn't ....... it will continue. If one or
a few protest and others just sit there and grin stupidly, and remark
about how "entertaining" it is, then they too are part of the problem
and hold no esteem for the group or the trade. One person may break
rules and that's bad enough. But those that accept the fact that thoes
rules are being broken and without objection, are just as bad as the
violator. There is nothing so far that has been tested to keep the
major perpetrator here, under some control. Lacking full support from
everyone who regularly participates in this Newsgroup, it will remain
as it is. In my opinion, those who don't have the courage to take a
stand, have been, are, and will be the reason this group is not as
successful as it could be. It is everyones job to put down disention.
Otherwise chaos.

> Also, as professionals we need to act professional.  Lately I've seen
> a big change and no matter what the cause of that change may be, it
> looks good in this news group.

Hmmm, a very politically correct comment. We're ALL quite aware that
the Newsgroup is more peacful now than when Bass is here instigating
turmoil. Do you find it difficult to make that statement? You see,
THAT'S exactly what I'm talking about. Can you think of any other
reason that things are a little quiter now? Any other reason ..... at
all?  So many won't take the stand and thus it continues.

Take the stand. State your opinion and it'll be one more step closer to
ending all of the garbage that has gone on here for years and years. It
can be done only if all work in unison. Short of that, it will remain
the same, if Bass does return.