Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

Most contracts I've seen only renew for one year periods after the initial
term...I "believe" even ADT's is the same way.

A fair price for that work would be abt 200 bucks or so, plus contacts @ 5
bucks each (unless they're Pella type windows...then I charge more).

My guess is she has a contract that is not enforcable if it doesn't have a
valid signature on it.

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| The first contract you signed in 1998 likely had a renewal clause that
| automatically renewed the contract for the same period of time once again
| unless you took action sometime just prior to the end of the contract to
| advise them (usually in writing) that you wish to cease dealing with them.
| Check your original contract to see it this is the case. If it is, you are
| likely stuck, and will have to buy the balance of the contract out.
|
| This kind of thing is a clear example of how many companies abuse this
long
| term contract business. The first contract was entirely legitimate since
you
| were buying into the phony "free system" concept, and they make up the
REAL