Re: ASA re-visited

Sylvain Robitaille wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
> >> In my experience, groups like this are mostly self-moderating.
> >
> > That's only if there isn't one person who completely ignores the social
> > contract for interacting in a mixed group and guiding FAQ that was used
> > in setting up the group.
>
> Note that I did say "mostly self-moderating."  If there's an individual
> (or a few) whose behaviour leaves a bad taste, and those individuals are
> clearly ignored by other regulars, anyone who is coming into the group
> and lurk for a while will soon see which posters provide the quality
> content.

<snip for brevity>

All I can say .....no.... wait..... all I WILL say .... is that YOU
should take the time to go back in THIS groups archives before you make
any suggestions at ALL about how to cure the ills of this group. YOU
have no idea what an isidious, malicious SOB Bass is. All of the
ignoring in the world is not going to stop this nasty, spiteful, and
vidictive degenerate.

I don't know if you seen any of the things this creep has done to
people, but here's at least a partial list. You will please note, that
ignoring most of the items in this list simply empowers him to
accomplish his goal of exploiting this Newsgroup for his own personal
gain.

He ridicules people constantly. His way is always the right way and
there's always someone he's correcting about how things should be done.
And if you don't agree with him he's immediately implying that you
don't know half of what he knows. That you don't have his experience,
or backgroud. He's better than you because you don't agree with him.
His mantra is, "this is an alt group. You can't tell anyone what to do
here. If you don't like it, you can leave"

He uses this group as a fourm to sell his products to end users,
SPECIFICALLY against the FAQ. He lies to end users by telling them he's
in the installation trade. He's stolen information from people here and
has posted it on his site as his own origin. He plagerized information
from publications and claimed it as his ideas. He's called (all)
installers and individuals, monkeys, idiots, stupid ..... in his quest
to degrade the installation trade, so that end users will be enticed to
do their own alarm systems, buying equipment from him, rather than use
an "untrustworthy" alarm installer. He claims that he's STILL in the
installation trade, yet he hasn't installed a system in over 5 years
(and likely much longer) and knows little about new products except
what he reads. He's gone to a competitors web site and posting under a
false name, left derogatory coments as if he was an end user who'd
received bad service. He's contacted peoples employers and told lies
about them to get them in trouble with their boss. He's posted under
false names as end users praising himself as being a good souce for
equipment. He's posted under false names trying to start disagreements.
I've personally caught him doing that and others have also.

Now THAT's only SOME of the things that he's done here. Take a good
look at that list and tell me what ignoring is going to do? Ignoring
simply leaves him free to do what he does and end users, being none the
wiser, are taken in by his lies and misdirection and "willingness" to
help them. With out being warned, these people are being led right down
the path that he's designed. Sure, he may very well give them
everything he says he will, but at the expense of the all the people
he's stepped on in the meantime. And in ADDITION, the others who
frequent the group are ALSO helping the end users and HE'S using that
information to enhance his ability to make a sale. Tell me how
"ignoring" is going to help THAT? And here's another little tidbit.
Seven or more years ago, Bass was in an aviation group. The archives
show that he DID THE VERY SAME THINGS IN THAT GROUP AS HE'S DONE HERE!
Ultimately, after he'd disrupted the group for a couple of years, THEY
.... all added their names to a list on a post, objecting to his
conduct, bad behavior and unsavory arrogance. He ultimately had to
leave the group because he was always pointed out as a trouble maker.
Here's some of the things that he did there. He had a disagreement with
someone in the group so he called some aviation organization and
falsely reported that the person was flying drunk. He stole some
information from someone and tried to publish it as his own. Then tried
to use the returning of the information as ransom if they'd let him
back into the group. He sent mail bombs and signed people up to various
sites so they'd get mounds of e-mail. When all the participants of that
group wanted him out and ignored him, he sent giant files to the
Newsgroup to continuously annoy people and to fill up the servers to
bump messages from the group.

So ........Tell me now ........ did you want to re-think your advice on
what to do about Bass? How does one ignore a malignant, sinister SOB
like that?

Oh, and one more thing. In his personal life, he's responsible for the
death of someone because of neglegence and is a convicted felon for
pulling a gun on someone. How much more of a malevolent degenerate can
one person possibly be? He's certainly ranks among the most iniquitous
people I've ever come across.

In closing ....... His goal is to exploit this group so he can sell
equipment to end users. If that end cannot be met, there's no reason
for him to stay. Only ignoring him , simply lets him sell more
equipment by continually ranking on the installation trade.  By
everyone in the group denouncing him as the unpricipaled degenerate he
is, to anyone new who comes here, will curtail his exploitation of this
Newgroup. Perhaps that, along with ignoring him, would be the solution.
Ignoring alone just wont work.

 You're post is nice ....... And I know you're just trying to be
helpful ....... but .......... it's worthless in view of the deliberate
disrupting conduct of the villan we're dealing with.