Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

> If it wasn't for littleold ladies liking me, many installers would be
> sitting home watching Oprah.  You wouldn't be where you are, without
> salesmen.  You need us worse than we need you.  I could teach a chimp
> to install.  A chimp would have trouble convincing someone to buy a
> security system, or anything.

I've been an installer, svc tech, svc manager, saleman, and an alarm company
owner. I've got nearly 20 years in this business. Yes, chimps can install-
especially if you're not very particular with the result. On the other hand,
REAL professionals know it takes a MINIMUM of 4 years to become proficient
at the installation of security systems, with ongoing training to stay on
top of new equipment and specs. Someday, if you're lucky, you will see how a
PROFESSIONAL company does things. Until then, you keep selling those
trunk-slammer systems that your felon meth-head pimply faced installers slap
in.

You, my young cocky friend, don't even know something as simple as how a
timer test works. Care to tell me the top 3 causes of PIR false alarms? How
about the things that make the microwave portion of a dual-tech false?  Do
you even know what a dual-tech is? What's the minimum guage fire rated wire
for a proper fire detection circuit following NFPA specs? Do you know what
NFPA is? What is NEC? How does it apply to alarm system design by a
salesperson? What does NICET stand for? What is your level of NICET
certification? How much classroom training do you have in electronics? What
is Ohm's law? Do you know resistor color codes? Do you know what a resistor
is, and how it works? What is vital to place at the last device on a 4-wire
Fire loop? Why? Which entrance to people's homes is most likely to be broken
into, according to the FBI? What 3 hints can you give a homeowner to
increase their security that don't involve an alarm system? What type of
heat detector is appropriate in a home's attic? How about a kitchen? What is
a "duct detector"? Can you demonstrate total DC current calculations for the
devices you sell? How many cocky little prick salesmen does it take to
royally fuck up a system's design? How many talented installers does it take
to fix said salesmen's bullshit? (hint- it's less than 2)