Re: Wiring doors in cold weather

"G. Morgan" wrote...
> Does anyone have a good technique for minimizing cold air coming into the
> house
> while wiring a retro?  I usually leave the cable box inside the doorway
> when I'm
> in the attic to prevent the door from closing on the wire, however when
> it's
> really cold out that's too much of a gap to let air in.  I guess I could
> leave
> the wire box outside and put something in the door on both sides to keep
> it from
> opening and closing.

Depending on how much room you need, stick a screwdriver in the door to keep
it open enough.  And then something else of the other side of the door to
keep it from opening further (hammer, shoe, toolbox, etc.).

And when the box of wire is outside, try not to leave it sitting in a pile
of snow.  Soggy boxes don't tend to hold up well on future jobs.

Then after you have the wires pulled, get the contacts done before anything
else so you can close the doors as soon as possible.