Re: Devcon Buys Out Coastal Security, Adelphia, & Guardian

Crash (or HASH) Gordon,

you stated, so eloquently (do you know what that word means?  Or
Trogladite?

"... System smokes aren't there to protect property.  They are foremost
life
| safety devices.  A well designed _monitored_ *system* will provide
early
| warning of a problem so that the premises can be safely evacuated,
and
| will mimize the damage to the structure if no one's home.  Since it's
| obvious you've never actually sold a security *system* (by numerous
| comments you've made) you don't understand this fundamental fact.
| You've been doing your customers a huge dis-service and I sincerely
| doubt ADT (or Bell South) can be blamed for your lackluster job
| performance or career to date.

My goodness.  That first sentence makes me think you are definitely
smoking more than weed.  Are you sure your monicker isn't "Crack
Gordon"?

You said,

"System Smokes aren't there to protect property".

Ok, dumbo.  I'm game.  What in the hell are they for?  ANY smoke
detector can wake someone up to get them out of the house.

You said,

 "....A well designed _monitored_ *system* will provide early
| warning of a problem so that the premises can be safely evacuated,
and
| will mimize the damage to the structure if no one's home."

 Isn't a home property?  You just contradicted yourself twice in the
same paragraph.  I guess I will believe EVERYTHING YOU EVER SAY FROM
NOW ON.

Stay a tech, if you fumble over words this bad, you'd never cut it as a
salesman.

Also, for your information, I sold more smoke detectors probably than
anyone in Resi Resale.  Why?  ADT wanted us to learn to program simple
conversions so that they didn't have to send a truck out.  It would
have saved ADT money, and I wouldn't have to charge the customer for
the trip charge.  The only exception was if the customer had a smoke
detector.  ADT didn't want us trying to program the system if they had
one, for liability reasons.  I figured it was another $100.00 for ADSC,
and $2 - 4 a month in additional ANSC if I sold them one.  I believe IF
you are going to have a monitored security system, then DEFINITELY have
at least one smoke/heat detector.  Why?  Because in Florida a lot of
residents take a lot of out of town trips.  If they are away, the
noisemaker in regular smoke detectors won't do them any good.  They
need them for when they are away.

But, that doesn't excuse your ignorance.

Sonicduck....quacking to beat the band