Re: Devcon Buys Out Coastal Security, Adelphia, & Guardian

I wouldn't ever sign a non-compete, a limited non-disturbance ok, if it was
written correctly. A non-compete could technically keep you from earning a
living should your deal go sour later. For instance if the buying company
doesn't pay  you the hold back a year later, so  you decide you want to go
back to work (no intention of inteferring with the clients you sold
them)...just go back to business in the alarm field...with an non-compete
you might not be able to. With a non-disturbance you can as long as you
don't mess with the clients you sold them. And even that should have a
specific time limit. And, BTW...make sure your sales contract states the
venue to be your state should there be a problem down the road you want your
state's law to prevail.