Re: Danger - Independent Alarm Dealers

I worked for 2 independant dealers in the ADT program one did an excellent
job on his installs and treated his subs great. He did not meet the quotion
every month for installs so ADT dropped him of all the installs he did 70%
did not sign back up as the buisneses failed people moved or were completely
disatisfied how ADT treated them.
The other dealer  worked for did not give a damm about his installs how they
went in and was still a dealer last i heard of the systems i put in for him
again better than 90%  of the systems i put in for him did not renew becuse
people moved , did not pay for there service ,went out of buisness or were
completely disatisfied with ADT
Compared to myself which I loose 2% a year due to resident selling there
home and new owner using there own company they like or person has passed
away or they do not want a burglar alarm which is whati suspect in many
cases they pu the alarm in the house for the insurance discount and never
use it. .
Personelly I will be glad when I have no more residential left.But i stay
dedicated to them till they move or or pass on. I have lost 5% of all
comercail installs I have done over 25 years.buisness has failed or moved
and new person moing in has own company or does not want an alarm.

Yes at one time I did respect ADT  as I once worked for Holmes  but both
companys went to shit over greed.
I saw the Pittsburgh Holmes branch  which at one time in the early 70's had
most of the burg market in Pitsburgh loose 25% of its customers due to poor
service the 6 months I was there and eventualy they sold to Vector What was
left which was
maybe 1000 accounts
And after I had dealings with ADT trying to get them to set 16 apartmet
buildings in Monroeville  in 1986 on to there Mcullogh Loop to meet
Monroevilles tough fire codes at the time and watched one tech after another
come out and look and be totally bewildered and do nothing and then try to
charge us is when i lost all faith with ADT in 1987 they did eventualy get
the panels working on the loop after they damaged all 16 fire panels and had
to replace them when they hooked high voltage into them . They also got
charged  by Bell Of Pa. now Verison for stealing phone lines with out paying
for them in the complex and the matter was settled out of court.
Yes ADT has wronged alot of people but i can tell you just as many horror
stories about independants who jammed it to customers too.

It all comesdown to who is doing the install how the equiptment is installed
how much the customer is willing to spend.vs how much the dealer makes on an
install . even cheap equiptment works when installed and maintained
properly.But i try to stay away from lower priced panels and equiptment as I
do all commecail industrial at this point .