Re: It's me

R.H.Campbell wrote:

> RHC: Frank, my point is that if both you guys tone down your rhetoric, it's
> not likely that things would accelerate to the point where you both start
> calling each other names. Try to look beyond the name calling and finger
> pointing and see what this kind of thing does to the ng, and to what people
> think who are coming here. That's all I was really trying to say, albeit in
> perhaps a bit too severe a tone...

I wasn't actually calling Robert a name.  "Cheap prick" can be applied
to almost anyone here at one time or another (including myself).  I hate
spending money on things like radiator hoses, gas, tires, and
head-lights.  Love DVD's, wide screen TV's, kick-ass sound systems, and
my latest passion...  "Web-TV" (thanks to Tom, Mark, and Graham).  :-)

When it comes to a web-site, the one thing I wouldn't "go cheap" on
would be hosting.  The statistics offered by "Kounter.com" are about as
good as those that I pay about $2.50 a month for (for each of the web
sites I operate).  All you're doing by employing so called "free"
services is ensuring that things like pop-up code will kill repeat
traffic to your site.  Since my help isn't appreciated, I'll keep such
further comments to myself and let Robert go his "merry way".

>>Get rid of that Gold Wing and get a real bike for cryin' out loud!!  :-)
>

> RHC: Now you're being really vicious. I had a "plastic sled" and now have a
> REAL motorcycle....:))

I know.  I didn't want you to feel "left out".  Part of the fun of
hangin' out here is getting to "pull a few chains"...  ;-)