Re: Danger - Independent Alarm Dealers

Here's a little fact sheet I put together regarding your posts:

Sonicduck wrote:
> Here is a fact sheet put together by my ex-mgr. while at ADT.  He and I
> worked for corporate ADT, and here is how highly they think of
> independent dealers, whose biggest scam "used" to be this:  "Ma'am, if
> you'll just let us put a sign in your yard, for advertistement, we'll
> put a system in for you FREE."  (Hee-hee)
>
> My ADT Corporate Resi Resale Mgr:
>
> 1. ADT is not responsible for the quality of the installation.  Most
> are installed by 3rd party subcontractors.<

1. Those 3rd party subcontractors are ADT installing & service dealers,
and they handle a majority of the residential work because the ADT
Intsaller's union only wants their prima donnas working commercial
accounts.

> 2.  ADT is not responsible for the type or quality of the equipment
> installed.<

2. ADT supplies it's dealers with a list of ADT approved equipment for
installs.

> 3.  ADT is not responsible for any damage to woring, plumbing, drywall,
> roof, structural damage, or damage to the contents of your home.<

3. ADT dealers are required to carry liability insurance that includes
real property damage. The dealer's policy covers the damage.

> 4.  If Dealer installer is injured in your home, he is NOT covered by
> ADT's workman's comp or any other ADT provided insurance.<

4. Nor should they be since ADT , and state laws require companies to
carry workmen's comp insurance.

> 5.  Dealer may choose to broker the montioring agreement to a 3rd party
> rather than have ADT monitor your system.<

5. ADT has the right of first refusal for any accounts installed by
it's dealers. If ADT declines the contract then the dealer has a right
to to offer the client a different service provider.

> 6.  All ADT employees undergo a comHrhensive background check including
> drug screening, and a nationwide fingerprint search,  All ADT
> associates must be FASA recertified every two years.<

6. Which would explain why the BTK Killer was employed by them for 15
years, right?
    Maybe that would explain why a CT salesman, with a rap sheet longer
than a Bob
    Campbell post, was under their employ, and was arrested for
breaking into homes of
    prospects who declined ADT services.

> 7.  Remember this:  The quality of the protection for your home and
> family (business) is directly related to the subcontractors ability to
> fulfill his financial commitment to the monitoring company.  If the
> contractor fails to make the monitoring payments, your monitoring can
> be terminated without your consent or knowledge.<

7. If a subcontractor defaults on his monitoring payments the central
station providing service will notify the customer prior to
disconnection, and offer the client direct billing.

> Now to be fair...there are "some" very knowledgable and honest
> independent dealers.  Iwould advise anyone considering using one toask
> for permits, and proof of insuarance among other things.  Ask for
> references, and check them first.<

Now to be fair to you..... you were correct when you spelled ADT using
an A, a D, and a T, but other than that you don't know your ass from a
hole in the ground about this business. You're just another retarded
fucking sales rep who believes everything in the pitchbook. For the
record, Slapass, I am also in sales, so you can save time calling me an
installing monkey.
Now I have a few questions for you:

1. Are you that fucking bored that all you can do is troll a newsgroup?

2. Do you believe that someone with the sad sack amount of knowledge
about this industry that you have should be allowed to even touch a
security system?

3. How long has it been since you worked for Kirby, Rainbow, or Filter
Queen?

4. If you didn't sell vacuums then tell us about your career in
Waterless Cookware?
    VitaMaster?

5. Was it Amway?

6. Would you like a job at Bass Home Electronics where you'd be the
company's most knowledgeable employee when it comes top security?

7. If Sarasota isn't your fancy would you like a job in Telluride
Colorado where you can spend time showing Kathy & George how to reduce
false alarms?

8. Why the fuck are you allowed to consume oxygen?

Take a walk you fucking moron. You're a boring troll. If you wish to
remain buy a set of headphones, and move to Belgium, or open an online
alarm shop where you sell tube tops, make hamburgers, and tell us all
about fictitious kidnappings.