Re: Prewire Help Needed

aaron15396@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm trying to prewire my new house for window contacts, and I've got a
> good supply of 20/4 thermostat wire. Will this cause any problems?

It's a little thick to work with and not very supple. Save it for the
power runs. Siren, AC.

 22/4 is the commonly preferred wire. It's the plain old telephone wire
(POT's) that you've likely seen used for years for telephone hookups.
Easy to use, flexible, jacketed, with a pair of spare wires to each
location. Wire will be the least of your investment, so don't skimp on
it because once it's installed you'll never have to consider it again.
>From that point forward, any faulty alarm component can always be
changed with little difficulty. Wire should be forever.