DSC Security System - Can it unlock a door?

Good evening,

I am looking at instaling a DSC security system in my new house.  I was
reading through one of the manuals and it talked about unlocking doors.
 I am taking a shot at it, but I think this would be done with  the
system using the 7503H connected to a rely that is connected to a
electric door strike.  ( I added the relay because I am not sure what
voltage the output is.)  Am I close on that?  If that is how it is done
What do you program that as?  I can see that I would use the PGM and
then activate with the *71-4, but what PGM do you use?

I see in the Escort manual that I would want to program it with a
"Programmed Pulse when Active."

Ok, so am I close here?  Any advice?  Any good websites that talk about
this?

Thanks,
Doug