Re: ASA re-visited

Moderating a group is censorship. I'd rather know upfront if someone is
a scumbag than find after the fact.  Sometimes the bickering brings out
the truth (admittedly it also brings out wild lies) but most of the
time the bickering is comical.
I equate this group to a TV. In between the morning, midday, evening,
and late news shows there are entertaining programs. If the networks
ran nothing but news all day we'd pitch out TV's to the curb. Yes Ted
Koppel will educate me on the events of the day, but there are times
where I just need to see Skipper crack Gilligan with the hat, Ralph
yell at Norton, or a rumble on the set of Jerry Springer.
When was the last time anyone went to a trade show, supply house, or
membership meeting that there wasn't needling going on? Nobody jokes in
the office?
As far as customers witnessing our antics I find it hard to believe
that people are sheltered to the point where they live in a world where
bickering doesn't exist. I'm rude, crude, obnoxious, and socially
unacceptable, but if I posted different from that I'd be doing nothing
more than acting. I make no apologies for allowing people to see how I
really am. If they like me, great, and if they don't then there are
thousands of other posts for them to read. One thing is certain, I
won't change who I am for the sake of a buck, and anyone who does
compromise their ways for a fee should be wearing high heels and
walking the docks.