Re: 5010 Auto Arming

shady wrote:
> Just curious to see if a 5010 can be auto armed to stay mode.
>
> I don't see anything in the manuals about choosing away or stay, but it
> would seem like a natural concept for auto arming. (ie: auto stay arm at
> midnight for residential applications)

Dunno.  You would think that any zone programmed as "stay" would bypass
automatically (unless you opened the entry door during the exit delay).
  The thing that would drive me nuts would be the bedroom keypad beeping
the "auto arm" warning at you (particularly if you were already fast
asleep).

It might not be such a good thing to do.  You may have forgotten to
close the dining room window and your system may not arm, or if it does,
you'll have an unprotected entry point and no active motion detector.
Either way, you'd be vulnerable and would have lost the benefit of even
the system's "stay" mode.