Re: Another prewire ? - Keypad Mounting

I usually use mudrings on keypads during open construction. That is a single
gang open face plate that allow full access behind the wall.

But I think because of all the new building codes, some states now require
you to use a plastic single gang box. The wire entering the box also has to
be fire blocked with spray foam.

Jim Rojas